Benet Academy Mission
The mission of Benet Academy, as a Catholic, Benedictine, college preparatory high school, is to provide a disciplined educational environment that fosters the on-going religious, intellectual and social development of its students.
Benet Academy will have achieved its mission if graduating seniors leave the Academy…
- having nurtured their Catholic faith through religious instruction and opportunities for prayer and reflection;
- having an understanding of the Benedictine motto of the need for balance of prayer and work in their lives;
- having learned to incorporate the principles of Christian morality into all aspects of their daily lives;
- willing and able to respond to God’s call to lead lives of loving service to the world around them; and
- having developed a respect and appreciation for life in all of its forms.
- having become life-long learners and seekers of knowledge;
- having experienced a learning environment characterized by high expectations and respect for academic honesty and excellence;
- having completed a rigorous academic program which in content and presentation has prepared them for college admission and matriculation;
- having developed the ability to think and read critically and to express themselves clearly through both spoken and written word; and
- having a working knowledge of current technology and research skills.
- having developed an attitude of compassion, justice, and respect for all people, regardless of age, gender, race, culture, religion, talent, ability or socio-economic status;
- having become participatory, responsible, concerned citizens;
- having developed habits and practices which allow them to make choices that encourage and foster a healthy lifestyle; and
- having developed leadership and social skills.