375 students are currently enrolled in one of the many curricular music ensembles, another 150 are enrolled in one of our visual art classes and many more students participate in the fine arts via extra-curricular offerings such as Drama Troupe, Orchesis Dance Company, MUSE, Guitar Club, musical, mass choir, and art club.
Recent honors include:
- 32 music students selected to the ILMEA District IX Ensembles in Band (2), Orchestra (1), Jazz Band (1), 9/10 Choir (4), and Sr. Chorus (15);
- 13 students advanced to the ILMEA 2019 state music ensembles in Honor Choir (5), All-State Choir (3), All-State Band (2), Honor Choir (1) and Honor Orchestra (1);
- 2 students selected as finalist for best performance in a lead role in the Illinois HS Music Theatre Awards for performances in PIPPIN -
- The Production WON 1st PLACE as Best Scenic Design in the Illinois HS Musical Theatre Awards sponsored by Broadway in Chicago
- Choir Students Toured Spain in June 2019
Our graduates are consistently accepted into nationally recognized music, theatre, & art programs, schools & conservatories.
Our alumni are working professionals in the Arts and we are proud of their accomplishments!
You will find the list of courses offered by our department in the curriculum guide.
Mr. Brian Wand
Fine Arts Department Chair
Director of Vocal Music
Fine Arts Department
Brian Wand, Fine Arts Department Chair; Vocal Music; Musical Director
Rich Alifantis, Band; Jazz; Pit Orchestra
Colleen Alvin, Orchestra
Br. Kevin Coffey, Visual Art
Olivia Hyman, Visual Art, Art Club
Kelsey Lauren, Orchesis Director, Musical Choreographer
Lauren Butera, Musical Producer
Ramon Marth, Musical Set Design
John Leffler, Drama Troupe Director
Matt Grigas, Benet Theatre Association
Lori Rogalski, MUSE; Shakespeare Slam
Ashley Alcorn, Shakespeare Slam, Musical Set Crew